Thursday 10 May 2012

Temples and the Mountains

Dad and I worked our first shift in the Temple on Friday afternoon and evening. That night we were set apart by President Hogg, a member of the Temple Presidency. Our blessings were very special, with specific blessings promised to us individually as we do this work! It was very sacred, and reminded us how much our Heavenly Father knows and loves us.

 

Saturday morning we got up early and drove to the mountains to go skiing. We got caught in a spring snow storm through Airdrie and Calgary, but we pushed through it, arriving at Lake Louise around noon! Luckily the snow had stopped and we were so glad we kept going to get there! It was so beautiful, just being in that beautiful setting refreshed us! There is something so spiritual about the quiet and beauty of the mountains that it is very comparable to the Temple!

We were supposed to meet up with Mark and Jon on the mountain, but it didn't work out, so we ended up meeting them in Banff for dinner. We drove into Calgary with Mark and saw his basement suite. It was just renovated, so it is very clean and modern. He has moved in and is really enjoying his own place!

We had gone skiing because Doug bought me new skis and boots. He is doing all he can to encourage my skiing 'hobby'...I do it mostly because I love him. But I really like my new skis, and enjoyed a few good runs on Saturday.

Grandma is now in the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital. She will be there for about a month while a team of doctors try to figure out how to get her well and on her feet. She is very lucky to be there, it is a great facility, with top doctors. I don't think she is very happy about being there yet, I know she would rather be home or at our house!!


Lindsay and I hosted a baby shower for our friend, Asha Livingstone. It was so fun! We put together a 'Crepe Bar' with Italian sodas. Linsday could be a caterer... She is so good at doing these 'events'...


We played some crazy games, including one using play dough called 'making babies'. It was so funny to see how each 'baby' turned out, they were are all so unique!! I visit teach Asha, so it will be great fun to visit her and the new baby each month. I'm hoping she needs lots of babysitting! It's been a great week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment